Registration for the 2018 Madison Early Music Festival (MEMF) is now open! Visit the Registration page to get started.
- Location – MEMF takes place at the UW–Madison Mead Witter School of Music, with performances in Mills Concert Hall in the Mosse Humanities Building at 455 N. Park Street.
- Transportation – Madison is served by the Dane County Regional Airport and most major airlines. By car, Madison is approximately 70 minutes from Milwaukee’s General Mitchell International Airport and 2.5 hours from the Chicago O’Hare International Airport. Badger Bus provides service from the Milwaukee airport and Van Galder/Coach USA provides service from Chicago. Both buses stop on the UW–Madison campus.
- Workshop Registration Fees – Workshop registration for the Madison Early Music Festival is $575 for the week. Full-time college students (18 years and older) may register for the workshop at a discounted registration fee of $475. An early bird discount of $25 is applied for all who register before June 1, 2018.
- Housing – Once you’ve registered, click here to sign up for housing through the University of Wisconsin–Madison Housing website. Campus housing is available in Ogg Hall, a newly renovated dormitory facility one block from the workshop site. Single rooms are approximately $65 per person per night, and double rooms are approximately $45 per person per night (includes breakfast).
- Parking – A campus parking permit ($12/day) may be purchased after you register for the workshop. Click here to fill out the parking application (PDF), which must be submitted by June 15, 2018.
- Accommodations – If you have a disability and desire accommodations, please advise us in advance. Requests are confidential. This program is offered by UW–Madison’s McBurney Disability Resource Center.
- Work-Study Opportunities – MEMF Participants are welcome to apply for a workshop participant staff position during the Festival. If your application is approved, you may receive a partial tuition waiver, which includes access to all classes and an All-Festival Concert Pass. Those interested in Work-Study positions will receive separate information regarding registration and should not make any registration payments until they have been notified of their award status. Click here (.docx) for the application for the MEMF Work Study and the Jean Humphrey Award application.
- Class Descriptions – MEMF 2018 class descriptions are now available online. Once registered, you will receive a follow up email with a Class Preference Form along with additional information you’ll need as a MEMF participant.